Amorphous core transformers
‘Energy efficient, low loss amorphous transformers significantly reduce standby losses and ultimately Co2 emissions’
There is a strong need to protect the global environment as a matter of urgency. Amorphous core transformers reduce the standby losses by up to 70% and overall electrical On-Load losses up to 30% when compared with conventional transformers used in the grid. This reduction not only helps safeguard the environment for our future generations but also saves on average 16,000 GW of energy annually. All of ATL’s range follow Eco-design for energy principles meeting the requirements of EN50464-1 & DOE directives.
Robust for high frequency harmonics generated by the increased use of power electronics.
ATL Design and supply amorphous transformers bespoke to customer requirements. Our amorphous core transformers are manufactured with high-quality amorphous materials for both Single and Three phase applications.
Range of Amorphous core transformers
- Amorphous core single phase transformers
- Amorphous core three phase transformers
- Amorphous core Oil cooled transformers
- Delivering up to 70% reduction in standby Power Losses.
- Reduction in average On-Load losses 30%.
- Simpler to repair.
- Greater overload capacity.
- Better distribution efficiency.
- DMT protection
- MCB & MCCB protection
- IMD (Insulation monitoring Devices)
- Lockable doors and panels
- Tap changers
- Thermal monitoring and protection
- Paint color/Finish
- Copper or Aluminium windings
- Mild steel, Stainless steel, Aluminium or composite housings.
- Distribution housings
- Power connectors
- Stud, Din rail, Busbar, Lug connections
- Bespoke geometry to fit chalenging space envelopes
- AC to DC conversion
- Harmonic mitigation
- K factor system compatibility
- Configurable Inrush, Impedance, Regulation, Inductance, Leakage current,Temperature rise, Vector group & Class Designation.
In addition to open frame models we offer transformer solutions within our own unique and robust Industrial enclosures. We can service any IP rating requirements from standard indoor IP2X rating, IP5X Outdoor weatherproof applications and submersible solutions. Our swan neck type transformer housing introduced by ATL and now widely duplicated across industry provides a degree of cooling in these naturally cooled dry type transformers while maintaining superior levels of ingress protection.
Our In House Developed Programmes Delivery the Optimum Solution
Decades of experience developing magnetic’s to Industry manufacturing standards ensure that our products deliver high efficiency, long asset life, and ultimately zero failure rates.
ATL’s wealth of industry experience designing custom solutions has built a high level of knowledge used to create our own in house highly sophisticated design programmes. These programmes give us flexibility within any design while giving customers an economically efficient tailored solution.
Utilisation of these programmes allows us to deliver the optimum design for our clients requirements delivering cost reductions and high levels of efficiency throughout the design.