ATL design and deploy leading magnetics to the rail network and its principle contractors. We offer the highest specifications on the market while maintaining competitive pricing against alternative legacy technology. Our magnetics are approved for use by Network rail, Crossrail, London underground and are widely used to support Designers, Route asset manager, Maintainers & Installers. As the preferred solution in rail ATL’s New generation of magnetics, eco-rail is raising the bar on quality and performance, delivering unprecedented levels of weight/size reduction, ergonomics, Carbon reduction and safety.
Rail Signalling Transformers
Contribution to safeguarding the environment for our future generations by way of ultra efficient transformer technology is a relatively untapped resource and we believe that we should play a significant role in reducing the wasted energy generated by our electrical power industries and distribution systems.
ATL is developing and deploying ultra efficient transformer solutions to the industry and we are proud to offer our NG (New generation) eco-rail® range of transformers specifically designed to reduce the wasted power consumption of Network rail signalling transformers within the supply FSP (functional supply point) equipment by up to 45%.
IP32 ASP/PSP Transformers
ATL’s PSP/ASP range of transformers has been designed to meet the requirements of previous British rail standards BR924A but enhanced for a modern railway with elements of up to date standards IEC600076 & NR/L2/SIGELP/30007. During development ATL sought advice from maintainers and installers to engineer tangible benefits to not only the system but the operators of this equipment. Principle supply point transformers supply power to the downstream feeders and functional supply point circuits. Typically of Class I designation these units serve a critical power delivery function to the IT systems. Available in three phase, single phase & three to single phase with a stable of multiple power variations. ATL offer an array of voltage configurations to suit multi regional distribution networks and system topologies.
IP56 PSP/ASP Transformers
ATL’s PSP/ASP range of transformers has been designed to meet the requirements of previous British rail standards BR924A but enhanced for a modern railway with elements of up to date standards IEC600076 & NR/L2/SIGELP/30007. During development ATL sought advice from maintainers and installers to engineer tangible benefits to not only the system but the operators of this equipment.
Principle supply point transformers supply power to the downstream feeders and functional supply point circuits. Typically of Class I designation these units serve a critical power delivery function to the IT systems. Available in three phase, single phase & three to single phase with a stable of multiple power variations. ATL offer an array of voltage configurations to suit multi regional distribution networks and system topologies.
Auxiliary Circuit Transformers
The non critical auxiliary circuit transformers are a range of Full Class II isolating transformers which range from 50VA-250VA. These type of transfomers are ideal for use within Class II switchgear assemblies to suppy Class II Anti Condensation Heaters, Circuit Breaker Air Compressors, Load Tap Changers, lighting and receptacles. This waterproof transformer contains primary and secondary terminals located within the enclosure with segregating guards making it Fully Class II and simple to identify the primary and secondary housings. The housing comes with two glands for simple installation with Network Approved conduit cable.
Distribution Interface Transformer Assembly (DITA)
ATL Transformers, the leading manufacturer of innovative transformer solutions on the railways have launched a Distribution Interface transformer range for the new DITA schemes. This range is an unprecedented New generation of full Class II power transformers that exceed the minimum requirements of Network Rail specifications with game changing benefits
Utilizing ATL’s on board eco-rail® technology which is fast becoming the preferred solution on the railways this pioneering DITA range of transformers deliver the lightest, most compact and environmentally friendly solution available to the market today. This range have been developed with Network Rail and deployed to support DITA and other key strategic improvement schemes such as Copper Elimination, Inrush reduction and sustainability charter targets to reduce carbon emissions throughout the network.
Mobile Transformers for Rail
ATL Transformers also manufactures IP56 mobile transformer units, this can help supply power in areas that are under construction on a temporary basis, services such as general maintenance, cleaning services, emergencies etc. A simple to use unit that is plug and play out the box, enclosure can be customised and the cable length of the power plug cable.
Key Features of Functional Supply Points (FSPs)
•Class II Hybrid and Class I system Compatibility.
•Smallest & lightest in their class.
•Ultra High efficiencies > 97%, reducing carbon emissions & environmental impact.
• Low Standby Losses –up to 62.% Reduction in wasted energy.
•Reduced Full-Load losses –up to 45% Reduction.
•1 million hours Maintenance and Service Free Operation
•Ultra-Low Inrush Current – As low as 1.5 times full load current.
•A stable of single and multi output configurations for multi-regional UK distribution voltages and system tapologies.
Aluminium range offering (all above and below):
•30% reduction in cost and weight
•Multi Zone Cable Access for efficient installation.
•ATL’s Lightweight aluminium windings and connection technology eradicate the use of expensive and fast exhausting copper reserves to support sustainability.
Key Features of Principal Supply Points (PSPs)
• ATL’s Lightweight aluminium windings are the lightest and most compact specifications available.
• Delivering < 10x Inrush Current.
• Reduced footprint to free up valuable floor space within a PSP/ASP structure.
• Suitable for installation in line with switchboard panels.
• Simple installation by way of removable cable gland plates for both Primary & Secondary cables.
• Impedance values < 5%
• On-Load Tap changer with lockable handles to facilitate voltage Buck and Boost while the system is energised.
• The ability to reset or boost system voltages on long feeders.
• ATL’s innovative custom enclosure design drives cooling through convection and offers enhanced asset life and environmental resilience.
• Available in both IP32 (Indoor) and IP56 (Outdoor) variations.
Key Features of Distribution Interface Transformer Assembly (DITA)
• ATL’s DITA range offer seamless integration and tested / proven thermal rise compatibility with NWR standard apparatus housings and associated equipment.
• The ability to reset or Boost various distribution voltages.
• Galvanic Isolation and capacitance decoupling of feeder circuits.
• Facilitate Class I legacy to Class II feeder integration.
• Inrush characteristics across the whole range of less than 5 times Full load system current.
• A stable of single and dual output multi voltage configurations for multi-regional UK distribution voltages.
• ATL’s Lightweight aluminium windings and connection technology eradicate the use of expensive and fast exhausting copper reserves to support sustainability.
• Unmatched efficiency delivering enhanced asset life in excess of 400,000 hrs continuous operation.
• The safest transformer solution available for Class II schemes.
Key Features of Auxiliary Supply Points (ASPs)
• Efficiency rate of 89.3%-94.29%
• Ultra-Low Inrush Current
• A Waterproof IP66/IP67 Enclosure which makes it suitable for wet environments.
• IK 08 rating, taking impacts of up to 5 joules.
• Easy access to primary and secondary terminals via cable glands and removal of lid.
• Ajustable mounting feet which gives more option when installing
Simple Installation for Current and Legacy Systems
IP56 Outdoor Principal Supply Point Transformers